Saturday, November 11, 2006

Beyond Grand Canyon

Thanks to Madsen for helping me find Beyond Grand Canyon, the fourth album from Nicholas Gunn on the Grand Canyon.

The Boneyard demonstrates the impressive power of Gunn's flute once again, addressing the topic of death, in my mind. In a bleak wind bones disperse all over. In the circle of life, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. On the contrary, Bridal Falls is extremely sweet. Violin, piano and flute together create a beautiful view of rocks and water, where the sun is shining while drips are falling and reflecting. I like the two songs most in the album.

Well, the album is quite serious, at least not as springy as the previous albums. I'm afraid it's not good to enjoy it while working so that it would easily make me low in spirits.

No comments: